Had been trying to find the shortest & fastest route to office since I changed my job. Reason? It was hopelessly ridiculous to reach office in 45 mins for a 5.2km journey. Finally came out with 3 different combination/permutation:
(1) 045 -> 070/086 [20-30mins, $0.88($0.69+$0.69-$0.50)]
(2) 261 -> 086 [30-45mins, $1.10($0.69+$0.91-$0.50)]
(3) 261 -> MRT -> 070/86 [~30mins, $1.06($0.69+$0.68+$0.69-$1.00]
Each route has it's pros & cons in terms of travel cost & time. Route (1) is more for Home to Office. Would be challenging as the frequency of Bus No.45 is ard 20mins, even during peak. Hence, timing is important. If I miss it, that's it.
Had been taking Route (2) before discovering the wonders of Route (1). That almost drove me up the wall, with the amount of time being wasted on the journey & the waiting. Will still use it (in reverse direction) at times when I go home, depending on the timing I guess.
Route (3) in reverse will be more for the journey back home, since Bus No.45's timing & frequency is a little problematic during the PM-peak.