2015-04-05

BB Cream Craze: Japan vs Korea

Got myself TWO BB creams from my Japan Trip in 2013 and decided to compare them against my Laneige. From the left: Sekkisei(Kose) White BB #01, Laneige SNow BB #01, Ettusais BB Mineral White #02.
After blending, we can see that one from Laneige is pinkish tone while the other 2 are yellow tone based. *I had wanted #02 for Laneige but Meifen got me the wrong shade. Oh well.
I let it settled for about 1 min. It appears that the one from Kose match my skin tone best.

I was previously using ZA 2-way-cake, Skin Tone 20

Sekkisei White BB Cream #01, Kose
SPF: 40, PA++
Yen: ¥2600
Vol: 30g
Coverage: light - medium

I love this the most out of the 3. The light fragrance and texture is just right. Also provide sufficient coverage on normal days. ^_^

Laneige Snow BB Cream #1 Shimmer Brightening
SPF: 41, PA++
SGD: ~$40 (hong kong)
Vol: 50ml
Coverage: light

I don't like the shimmer. I don't like the coverage. This is obviously not my shade. Quite disappointed. The only thing I like about it is the fragrance, but it's on the strong side which may not be good for skin.

Ettusais BB mineral white #20 (natrual)
SPF: 45, PA++
Yen: ¥1944
Vol: 40g
Coverage: medium-high

This has the highest SPF among the 3. Not sure if it's due to the SPF that it has a SPF scent. The texture is also on the dry side, hence making it a little difficult to blend and apply. Coverage is VERY GOOD. But kind of ashen me alittle when it goes with my Ettusais SHEER MATTE POWDER EXTRA.