2009-03-13

Domain Password

I wasn't prompted to change my password, and it expired. Resulting me not being able to connect to the wireless. I had been breathing down the neck of Helpdesk over this issue for the last couple of weeks. Finally, they decided to sent someone to look into the matter today.

A guy named Wilson came to help me. Quite a friendly chap and rather patient. After an hour, he told me he suspected that I kena a spyware coz something in my laptop refused to "ping out" to the domain. Took my T61 away for a scan.

10 mins later, he came back and told me there's no spyware coz he was able to connect using a static network. But I needed mine to be dynamic as we were suppose to be hot-desking. It was almost lunch time, so I left my T61 with him and his collegue with the diagnosis.

Came back and saw that he left me a note telling me to change my password. Did as I was told. But Atlas! Got the error telling me "Windows is unable to find your domain". Best, I couldn't even login locally! >.<

Went over to helpdesk to report this matter again. This time, a Edmund came over. Trying all sorts of things on my T61 for a couple of hours but in vain. Finally, he just restarted my T61 and suddenly everything works! -_-'''

Gotta re-do most my settings coz they re-join me to the domain and removed all my previous settings :(