Can't believe when I start up the loan notebook today. Was shocked to see how fast Windows XP Startup! Think it's less than a min or something. Moreover, logging in also take less than a min! :O :O :O
Guess the difference would be the sickening DOMAIN. Starting up my T61 (running on Win2k) allow me to go Q at the pantry to wash my cup and water bottle at a comfortable time. After which, time taken to log in thru the domain will allow me to finish watever business I have in the toilet =.=
Hence, I tend to just leave it on for my 5 days of work in office, only to shut it down to bring home during the weekend. Which may have resulted the collapse of my T61, according to it's "doctor". "The laptop cannot take it one! It's not a server!!!" was what "Dr Edisen" had exclaimed =.=
Guess the various CA stuffs has also slowed down the T61 tremendously. All the junks ... urgh! Sigh ... wouldn't mind keeping this T43 instead ... if I am allowed to ... :X