2008-08-23

T61 Dead?

I was just attempting to putting it to "sleep" by hitting Fn+F4. Battery life was still about 76% and hence I switch off the power adapter 1st. Suddenly, it went "Beep" and everything went off. The "little moon" didn't appear as it usually does when on stand by. Was pretty tired ... went to sleep and decided to look into it in the morning.

Knew that my dear T61 often has problem "waking up" (like myself), but it usually "sleeps" pretty ok (like myself too). To my horror, this was what I saw when I attempted to boot it ...


To top it off, TNS has made it so secure by locking my bios, and disabling it fr booting from CD. Hence I am unable to repair the window system myself but have to wait till Monday to get them do it.

Looks like I couldn't get any work done this weekend after dragging the giant home from office. Hmmm ... don't think I have done any backup for quite sometime ... >_<