2008-09-17

Hey Aunty! U may have the seat!

Behaviors of the "aunties" (read as: Above middle-age women, having strange fashion sense and will strive their best in getting what they want, giving no damn on how others look at them) on MRT never fails to amaze me. Was just listening to Bi Rong, who's giving birth next month, on how an aunty snatch her seat in MRT (Jeez!!!!) Myself had witness another spectacular performance in the morning.

As usual, I was standing in front of a Mother and her boy (kindergarten age). Both were seated, and I had my gym bag placed in front of the feet of the Mother as it was really heavy and uncomfortable to carry in the cramped up MRT cabinet. On either side of me were 2 aunties, both were reading (Wow! How intellectual!! :P). At Novena, the Mom & son alighted. The lady on my right immediately took the seat with ungodly speed as the boy got up.

Just as I move my gym bag away to let the Mother get off, the aunty on my left suddenly bulldoze her way thru to occupy the space where I shifted my gym bag! The Mother looked a little startled, as there was absolutely no more space for her to get up. The MRT wasn't exactly spacious during the morning peak and that aunty wasn't budging!!

Sandwiched between that aunty and someone behind me, I was forced to move diagonally behind at an awkward angle, hoping that aunty can move slightly to let the Mother alight. The Mother barely got up and that aunty immediately placed her heavy bump on the seat, continued her reading and ignore the rest of the world. Jeez!

Alright, I wasn't pregnant, nor was I old and frail. But I doubt I would be spared the agony if I were. That aunty alighted at Raffles Place and I noticed that she was holding a purple ezlink. She's most likely a senior citizen. In fact, a really strong and healthy one. Still, that's no excuse for such aggressive behavior!