2009-04-28

Camera Hunt - Ep2

Couldn't decide if I should switch from Canon to Lumix. The specs & review for the FX48 seems better than that of SD960. Though Lycan highly recommended Lumix, still have my doubts as I find the image color a little … strange … as compared to my current Ixus30.

TS then suggest that I bring my own SD card to MS Color to take some sample pictures, amplify it on my computer to see the difference. What a great idea! Unfortunately, I don’t carry my SD card around with me all the time. Closest thing I have would be my micro SD card from my hp, and no adapter. TS thought I could perhaps borrow one from the shop.

Was attended by a uncle when I reach MS Color. He doesn't seem to know his stuff. Kept referring to his huge file when I wanted to try out a few wide-angle compact camera. Though he agree to let me take sample pictures, he insisted that I use my own adapter, coz he doesn’t have any.

"No micro-SD adapter in such a big Shop"? I was really amazed. But the uncle kept insisting that I should be understanding and use my own adapter. Annoyed and left with no choice, I went off. Maybe he wants me to buy the SD card from him. *Humph!*

Was told by Wei Kiat that Lumix’s pictures are rather "noisy". Oh dear, does that mean the lower-end Canon is my only choice? On the other hand, it wouldn’t be such a bad idea. I could reuse all my batteries & charger. The battery for Lumix is $99! And there's no 3rd party! But I was really hoping to get at least a 5X zoom *Sigh*