Though my colleagues were discouraging me from watching it in the cinema, I think I can practically enjoy any movie after "Doomsday" ... lol ... Hence, I decided to join the Hardcore Bloggers Gang for it ;)
Starring Jackie Chan (Drunken Immortal, Lu Yan), Jack Lee (Silent Monk/Monkey God), Liu Yi Fei(Golden Sparrow) & Li Bing Bing (White-Haired Demoness), I guess the movie would be a guaranteed hit with the cast. Not forgetting Michael Angarano (Jason, The Seeker) and Collin Chou(The Jade Warlord), though I'm not too sure who they are ... :P
I was a little late, hence missed out a couple of minutes of the ealier part. The storyline was pretty simple. Jason, went to the buy some DVD from a shop and got forced by some bullies to rob the shop. In the middle of the fight, shopkeeper was shot, and thus Jason was entrusted the task to return the Golden Staff from his shop, to ITS rightful Owner.
Jason was teleported back to the ancient China, and was attacked by the Jade Warriors and the White-Haired Demoness, whom all tried to steal the Golden staff from him for The Jade Warlord. There, he met Lu Yan (The Drunken Immortal), Silent Monk and Golden Sparrow. Together, they went on a quest to return the Golden Staff to The Monkey God and break the curse, who got tricked and turned into stone by The Jade Warlord.
Overall, sparring between the Kungfu masters is needless to say, breath-taking. The slapsticks were pretty funny too. The stranger beside me kept breathing out the word "sexy", whenever there's a close-up of Liu Yi Fei ... -.- I personally like Li Bing Bing's eye make up. Wondering if she's using Loreal Panoramic Curl Mascara ... :P Strangely, The Jade Warlord seems a little "gay-ish" to me, perhaps the eye shadow?? Well, the seeker is ... err ... ... ...
Anyway, I guess it quite an enjoyable movie to be watched with friends on a Saturday evening :)
My Rating: 7/10
After note:
Found More infos on the movies on Wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Forbidden_Kingdom