2008-04-30

Life is really fair ...

Things are still pending on the other teams' side and I am asked by them when is the date I can complete the task. Duh! How would I know?! Even if I say I can finish it in 1 hour time, if there is still pending stuffs from them, the task couldn't be completed of course. Isn't that common sense?! -_-'''

I am expecting the next comment would be ... I have no initiative, coz I am expected to do follow-ups. The word "initiative" is often heard in the corporate world. My understanding is, it's usually an expectation of one to complete the task before he/she is being told, whatever how dictionary.com defines it.

In my opinion, "initiative" works both ways. If most of the people in the team just wait for instructions and only start working when told, the one really with initiative will end up doing most of the "dirty job". Not that he/she would be recognized for those. This will really kills any initiative left within one.

Well, I am no nanny, and anyway, "suay" people like me always gets the blame with or without initiative. Such is the irony.

All right ... enough of rants ... back to work ... *curses*