While we were expressing our concern for Daxin, if he could find anyone to share rent for his newly rented condo, costing $3200/mth, we happened to strayed to this topic.
Daxin thinks that ladies by nature should be doing the job as it is somewhat like a duty, or rather a way of showing how attractive the lady is. Such is the thinking of a traditional man from China. -_-'''
The rest of us however felt otherwise. Most family have dual incomes these days, and it seems to be better for couples to share house duties. Of course, if the family can live comfortably on a single-income, there shouldn't be any problem with the other half, who is not working, to be a full-time homemaker.
Of course, the definition of "living comfortably" varies with different people as well. TS & Stephen expressed that they wouldn't mind to be a "househusband" if the wife can provide for the family. ROFL. Val on the other hand wouldn't want to give up her salary unless she is given pocket $$$ enough to cover for her current expenditure. :P
As for me, I think I will still want to work, but own time own target! Heehee ... no longer need to look at the "face-color" of others would be the best. Afterall, think I don't really want to totally depend on others. Makes me feel pretty useless. It would also be quite a waste to just idle away at home after all the years I've spent in school. Moreover, I wouldn't want to be cut off from the society. Ho hum ....
Anyway, Daxin left half-way while we were all expressing our view. Wonder why ... :P