2008-06-18

The Disturbing 'G'

A little blue 'G' icon began to appear last night on my U700i. Remembered I've got rid of it when I chose GSM network instead of Automatic (which goes to 3G - I think) after I got the phone. It looks pretty disturbing, and I was worried that I will get charged unnecessarily. Hence, decided to call up M1.

The M1 Officer - Fu Hua kept telling me to call up M1 and insisted that it wasn't within his capability to check if I was on the 3G network. Kind of a strange advice of a telco to request customer to call up the phone maker regarding network services.

Pretty put off by his attitude, hence asked him to find out from the technical support and get back to me. That, according to him, will take 3 working days instead, and they too wouldn't be abe to help me =.= He suggested to put me through the line directly. Though I was in a hurry to go to lunch, I accepted his suggestion.

Bianco attended to me this time. She was pretty helpful and WAS able to determine if I was on the 3G network, simply by sending a video conference request. The request failed, which confirmed that I wasn't on the 3G network. The blue 'G' icon which didn't turn Red, also means I wasn't using GPRS either. She told me the icon would be there and there's nothing I can do about it though. >_<