2009-02-08

Praying to Taisui

Had been feeling rather "suay" recently. Got recommended to go 城隍庙 to "拜太岁". Eventhough I m not those who always go 拜拜, still decided to give it a try to see if it can get rid of my bad luck. The whole process was rather interesting:-

1. Get Q Number to fill up my 生辰八字. Luckily, I could remember my Birth Time :P
2. Buy the offering package. It cost $3 and consist of Cookies, Joss Paper, "Ang Bao" and some I-also-dunno-what colorful papers with writings.
3. Get some Joss Sticks and make ur prayers. U can wish for watever u want :D
4. Enter the Hall where the 太岁 is, for mass prayer. Over there, a priest will read out all our names, prayed for us and finally bless us with "holy water". One can offer extra "ang bao" for the various 太岁 (for this year and for ur Birth year) as each has their own coin-slot.
5. Proceed to burn the Offering Package. Think I also see ppl praying before offering.
6. Light up the 长明灯. This is optional and cost $20. Upon signing up, one will be given a receipt. The staff over there will help u light up the lantern and ur name will be put up on the board with the others who did the same. The purpose was to "light up" ur path for the rest of the year, a way to keep u safe.

Also "caressed" the tummy of the Laughing Buddha, sounded the bell and fumbled with the giant 算盘 over there. All these done in the hope of striking of Totos and 4Ds :D

Hopefully, I will have better luck after this ^.^