2008-05-04

Credit Card Cancellation

Just called DBS to cancel one of my credit cards, as I didn't want to pay for the annual fee. :P I was serviced by a polite gentlemen with an "ang-mo" slang, and his name is Vincent. After a series of verification (which is really annoying), he waived off my annual fee in order for me to keep that card for another year. Guess, that's pretty normal, as all ends well.

Sometimes, I wonder why this simple process couldn't be done over internet banking. Users could just be given the following options:
1) Cancel the card
2) Waiver of annual fee for another year
Having this would save call volume of the bank and in turn, save precious waiting time and annoying verifications over the phone for the consumers.

My guess is, the banks are just trying to discourage this kind of service totally. Hence, the convenience wasn't provided? *Shrug*

Blogged with the Flock Browser