Boss says must do Defect Tracking for my assignment, which is currently the bnstmt07. Okay, I am a good gal. Boss say do, I do lor. But the project was stretched from end Mar till now, and I don't have a mega memory. Thankfully, all the emails were backed up. The defects is mostly on the other Team's side coz it's all data and formating. MUAHAHAHAHAHA ... :P
Backing up of emails has other purpose too. Every month, we have tons of emails. Mostly, they are of no use after a problem is settled. However, there will usually be some people, with selective memory, mouthing something bad when one isn't looking. Hence, the backed-up emails serve as a purpose of reminding these people, of the missing pieces of their corrupted memory.
Waste of hard-disk space though. Not to mention, the effort of searching through them to find out what you want, depending on how well they are being categorised. How I wish I don't have to fish out evidence for such cases ... ho hum ...