Gotta to do some Column Edit, hence downloaded it to try out. The process wasn't simple. First, the blocking in GE's network caused a 2MB file to be downloaded in 10 mins. While installing, I was prompted that some dll files is missing and hence my window installer couldn't load properly. So, I had to download the window installer before I can complete the Textpad installation, which was another lengthy process =.=
Unlike UltraEdit which allows Column edit on the text column itself, the TextPad's "Block Mode" requires one to type the desired string in a pop-out, before inserting that string into the text. Maybe I am not used to the interface ... *shrug*
Another annoying thing was the removing of my *.syn files from my TextPad4, and not putting them in my TextPad5. Hence, result in plenty of errors whenever I try to open a text file. Sigh ... guess I'll have to look for those *syn files again ...