2009-05-19

Bravo Italy – [LA SPEZIA to VENICE] – Lake Garda

Thankfully, no more tedious hikes today. For a change, we had a peaceful journey and a pleasant boat-ride to Lake Garda. The bus came along with us on the ferry.

To my annoyance, we only have about 1.5 hrs there, and that includes lunch! Hence, we didn't have much time left after our €5.40 meal. Craving for some vege, I had a "crepes agli asparagi". It came with some bread & crispy bread stick on the house. Over lunch, heard from the Timmings sisters, that Ben & Sally went chasing swans on a "cycling boat". What a jolly couple! :P

4 of us went for a short walk around the town after lunch. Was really glad we came across a supermarket. While paying, I was so clumsy that I tore my €50 note while trying to unfold it!

While I was still in shock, the friendly shop calmly took out a huge roll of scotch tape, and began taping back my note. That made me recovered from my shock & helped her with it. I thanked her & apologize again. XJ & myself got a bottle of 1.5 litre (€0.50) mineral water each. HJ also bought a Nivea body lotion (200ml), which cost around €3.80 from the same supermarket.

Couldn't help but wonder if pple over there frequently tear their money by accident. Their currency paper seemed to tear easily. Jo also almost tore hers too while in Assisi.