2009-05-13

Bravo Italy – [SORRENTO] – Capri

The private boat ride around Capri Island to Blue Grotto cost €20 per person. HJ REFUSED to go onto the boat & decided to stay on the Capri main land. XJ backed out last minute, probably to keep HJ company.

I went ahead with Jo despite of my flu. Once we were out into the sea, my tour mates (as in the non-asians) started taking off their tops for a tan. The owner of the boat was really funny. Told us that we can take of anything we wanted and he doesn't care. Also tell us stories of the numerous cliffs and all. His dog came along on his boat as well. It's very active, running around in the little boat and only settled down after the owner tie it to a corner. Heard it sneeze a couple of times, must be the wind.

The €20 was well spent. The feeling of the boat ride was simply wonderful. The only regret was, I didn't go into the water. HJ had advised me not to swim in my condition as I will only develop a fever after that, and it's not even half-way of our trip. Decided to be a good gal & stayed on the boat. Enjoying the surroundings, & taking pictures of those who swam. (Jo said the water was freezing, heng I didn't jump in!)

We also stopped by the Blue Grotto, which usually cost €10 for a dive (~3mins). But it was already late and no one was guarding the place. Hence, most of them had a free view diving underneath. (URGH! Missed it!) For some reason, there was 3 unknown ppl "stranded" there. Our boat owner was kind enough to let them onto our boat, don’t think they were charged.

The boat ride ended all too soon. The strong cold wind didn't do any good to my flu and my headache had worsened. Decided to go back to the hotel to rest, and maybe do some laundry while the other gals went out for dinner. Cook myself the Korean instant noodle I had brought. For some reason, my Korean noodle tasted WONDERFUL!!! I must be really SICK of pasta & pizza!